Friday, January 8, 2010

D & C Set for Wednesday

I am still a mess - I just cannot believe this my reality - I was so ready to be a mom - we spend so much time and money on this and for it to just be taken away from me - it feels like a cannot breath at times. I am home from work again today - I will be off all next week as well. I went to the OB today and we set up the D & C for Wednesday. I have to go back to the RE on Monday and make sure the baby is really gone - which is so pointless in my book, we need to talk about our embryos and we need to set up an appointment to find out what happened to our baby and why this happened the RE is going to have the baby tested when they remove the baby from me. Then I have to do pre admission testing at the hospital for the surgery - the doctor told me I could go back to work on Monday.

19 comments:

One Who Understands said...

I am so sad for you Jackie. Your post yesterday made my heart break. I wish there was something I could do. Hang in there. (((HUGS)))

Christina said...

I hope the RE can give you some solid answers on what happened. I am still so sorry to read this :(

Elisabeth said...

First and foremost, I am SO sorry about your so very recent loss. My heart goes out to you.

My name is Elisabeth, and I am an infertility / repeated pregnancy loss "veteran". You can read a little bit about me and my experiences in my blog: drhousewife.blogspot.com . I am completing a PhD in Counseling Psychology, and my dissertation is focused upon the impact of infertility on marriage. I believe strongly that there is a need for better support services for men and women who are undergoing IF diagnosis and treatment, and my hope is that this study will aid in the development of such services.

I am contacting you after stumbling across your blog. I am recruiting participants for my study, and wanted to invite you and your husband to take part. All that would be involved would be the completion of an online survey, that would take approximately 20 minutes. All couples who complete the surveys will receive a voucher good for a pair of free movie tickets at a Regal Cinemas.

Please let me know if you are interested by emailing me at UTInfertilityResearch@gmail.com .

Best,
Elisabeth

Jill Tice said...

I am so sorry. (I am a new reader and first time commenter.)

Jo said...

Oh, God. This is just the worst, worst, worst thing that could be happening. My heart is breaking for you. A few days ago, when I was convinced I was starting to miscarry, my husband told me that God wouldn't give us this ray of hope and then just snatch it away. Oh, how I wish that was true! It is so, so, so unfair to battle IF for so long, to FINALLY be victorious, and then to have it taken from you. I know it doesn't really help much, but there are others out here who know what you are going through, and we are holding you in our hearts today, next week, and in the coming months.

Hugs,
Jo

My Endo Journey said...

Sending prayers of comfort your way for you, your husband and your angel. I recently lost my son at 18 weeks and have struggled for years with infertility and IVF. Its not at all fair. :( I pray that your procedure will go "well" and that the healing in your heart will comfort you!

Bella said...

I am just so sorry, this is beyond horrible. I hope you get some answers about what happened. ((HUGS))

Stephanie said...

Jackie, I have been thinking about you ever since I heard your news yesterday. My D&C was painless and I had a quick recovery. The emotional pain of the loss was harder and lasted much longer than any physical pain I experienced. I am glad your doctor is going to test the baby to see if he can find out what may have caused your loss. My insurance would not cover this, and to this day I wonder what caused my miscarriage. Again, I am so, so sorry that this has happened. You continue to be in my thoughts.

Alli B said...

Jackie I'm so sorry. I hope your RE can find some answers as to why this happened. Take care of yourself

Anonymous said...

Oh Jackie! My heart is breaking for you! I'm so sorry for your loss . . . remember to be gentle with yourself and allow yourself to grieve however you need to!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
Alison

Anonymous said...

i am so sad. it so sucks. i hate that you have to do the d&c. i had to do 2 of them and they were both shitty. no physical pain really...the emotional toll is enough.

thinking lots about you.

xoox

Vikki said...

I am so sorry to hear this.

Leah said...

I'm sooo very sorry and so sad for you. I know how devastating this is. It just absolutely sucks. For what it's worth, the D&C will probably be the easiest part of this. Physically it's not bad at all. Give yourself time to grieve and do what you need to do to survive this time. Kick, scream, cry...whatever it takes. Here if you need anything...

Secret Sloper said...

I am so sorry you are going through this. I also lost my first trimester baby two months ago and had a d&c. It's so heartbreaking. If you have any questions or need support, please e-mail me or comment on my blog.

Suzanne said...

Jackie, I know exactly how you feel. I lost my baby after my first IVF attempt at around the same time that you did. It's just so heartbreaking to put so much time, money, and effort into IVF and then to have this happen. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please visit my blog if you think it might be helpful to you.

erin said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

E. Phantzi said...

I am so, so sorry about your loss. Just sending you lots of love today.

S said...

I am so, so sorry. Love to you and your husband.

cheryl said...

I have been lurking on your blog for a while. I am sorry about your loss. We also suffer from mfi. When I just read your story it sounded just like mine last June. I got pregnant from my first ivf cycle last April and in June on our graduation day from my RE we found out our baby no longer had a heartbeat, after everything looking perfect 2 weeks before. One week later I had to have a d&c. It was the worst experience in my life, especially hard after everything we had been through. So I just want to say I have been there and if you need to talk you can email me ducksoap@mail.com

I do want to leave this comment with a happy ending. 2 months after my d&c I did another cycle and we got pregnant with twins. Unfortunately one baby died at 21 weeks along, but the other one is doing well and I am currently 23.5 weeks. Probably thinking of cycling again may be too much for you right now (I know I couldn't think of it for the first few weeks after my loss), but afterwards it did help me to get through it and the good news is that since you did get pregnant (even though the baby died) you have a higher chance of your next cycling being successful since you know your embryo can continue to grow and implant (I know it isn't much comfort right now, but it was comforting to me later to know that).