Friday, October 15, 2010

Baby Steps

So I am going to listen to my husband and wait until the Spring to do a treatment - we spoke about it and not only is it bad timing as far as the weather goes and his business obligations but also he is still afraid of what will happen and what could possible happen to me now that we know about the blood clotting disorder - I just think he needs more time and what is a few months being that we have been TTC for over 4 years now.

My therapist asked if he would join us next week and I asked John and he said he would come to the session next week - which is a huge step for him - so I think we are both making progress - we may not be on the same page but we are getting there.

We also decided to go back to church - we are going this Sunday for the first time in 4 years and the priest that married us is the one who is doing the mass which I am very happy about.

Baby steps - but at least we are moving foward.

7 comments:

Life Happens said...

That is so awesome that John has agreed to go to a session with you next week. It sounds like you are both heading in the right direction, taking babysteps together.

I'm so happy that you are going back to church. Your faith will get you through the next cycle and anything else that comes along.

Have a blessed weekend!

Tabitha said...

I'm so proud of you BOTH for moving forward! God has amazing plans for your life :)

Nic said...

It is great that progress is being made. Small steps as you said, but hopefully you will both be on the same page soon.

Take care
x

jeanna said...

I think these are not baby steps, but huge steps forward! It sounds like you both compromised and that so important for a healthy marriage. I hope the session goes great and you both enjoy and learn something at church on Sunday. I see this post as amazing news!

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I agree, I don't think these sound like baby steps, but huge steps! Thinking good thoughts for you!

Alli B said...

I agree these seem like huge steps. I am so happy for you that you are moving forward and things are getting back on track for you guys. I have been keeping you in my thoughts and prayers with your health things going on and everything else too.

Heidi said...

Jackie hang in there. When you go through as much as you have, things get rough. Believe me i know. I am having the same feeling right not about my husband. If you want to see a blog full of complaints check out www.theottilies.blogspot.com - that's my blog and where i have recently gone to relieve some anger. I hope your days get better!