Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Baby Furniture - Help!

How does it work??  So confused.  John and I went to babiesrus and found a set we liked - it is called Baby Cache - so I went online to look it up and it says it is not available for store pick up - so I said fine I will have it shipped - well they want to charge almost $ 500 in shipping charges - WTF??

We have two huge trucks - so we can go to a store and pick up the furniture - do you know of any places that do this??  Also - how long does it take to get the furntiture once it is ordered??

So what is the best furniture to get - I want a crib and a long dresser.  Why did you get your furniture at - please share with me.

I feel so lost now - do all baby stores make you ship the furniture??  No way I am paying for shipping when we can pick it up.

4 comments:

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Hey Jackie, I can't help much here but can say that a lot of stores do make you order it and ship it to you as they don't carry it in store. I am sure there are exceptions, but I don't know of any- maybe check out Amazon?

We are buying our furniture from IKEA, so we are able to bring it home.

Good luck! $500- ouch!

Just Believing said...

My advice us don't get " baby" furniture ! We got our adorable crib that all my rich friends envy for under 200 at walmart with free site to store shipping ! We got an awesome mattress from there for 36 $ which is still going string two yrs later. Then we bought a dresser that will last her a very long time ! It's not a changer ( which u do not need) but guess what we threw a changing pad on it and voila it's a changing table ! My point is don't waste money on the temporary. Crib yes u need that but make your furniture work for u ! The dresser we bought our daughter will last her well into her teens !

kmerryday said...

We purchased our crib at Penneys and it's a convertible one(http://tinyurl.com/42b9vwc) and we just use a separately purchased dresser as a changer. We didn't want to waste money on a changing dresser we won't use very long. The crib can be shipped to your local Penneys and you get free shipping that way.

Heather said...

we just like your other commenter, got our beautiful crib from WalMart site to store free shipping, and all my friends can not believe i only paid $147 for it. It looks JUST LIKE the $500 ones in Babies RUs. and do your self a favor and dont buy it all as a set, it is sometimes , and mostly, more expensive. We oprdered white crib and found an amazing deal on a beautiful white solid wood dresser on amazon and it was at our house in 5 days. They match perfectly and they will last her forever!!! good luck!! WalMart is wonderful on the site to store thing- you put in your zip code and choose your store closest to you and they ship it to your walmart and you go pick it up. Its wonderful and it is FREE!!!