Friday, July 8, 2011

NT Scan - More Drama

One of the girls from my OB office was suppose to call me yesterday and let me know when my NT Scan was going to be - I was hoping it would be next week so I can see the baby again.  Well she never called.  So I just called there this morning and she told me my NT Scan is set for July 28th at 2 pm - well on July 28th I will be 14 weeks exactly and I know that the NT Scan has to be done by 13 weeks 6 days pregnant.

First she was fighting with me over my due date - I know my due date lady - I had a transfer - I know exactly when the conception happened.  So she said she would call the MFM and see what they could do - she called me back and said I have to keep my appointment for what it is because they are booked solid and do not have another single appointment until that day and time - do you believe this.

I said how can I get the NT Scan done at 14 weeks - she said that they said it was pushing it but since I am only 128 pounds that they may be able to get a good enough image - if not then I will have to have more testing done at 16 weeks.  This is so unbelieveable - I do not get to see my baby again for another 20 days and I have a feeling that the scan is going to be inconclusive because they waited to long.

10 comments:

Bird said...

What is WRONG with those people!!?? Is there any other practice that takes your insurance? these people are starting to get on MY NERVES and it's not even my baby.

Nic said...

What a joke! Is there not some where else you can go for this scan?

Glass Case of Emotion said...

Jackie- Is there any way you could consider getting a doppler, to ease your mind? After all you've been through, I think it might help. I'd say not to let it get addictive, but these waits are long. I do think it's worth looking into another practice, don't stay with one you are uncomfortable with! I would consider calling too and letting them know your concerns based on your history, I have heard people do that and have success.

Hopin and Wishin said...

I agree that you should look for another practice! I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time.

Shelby said...

I agree with previous posters about getting a different dr/practice. YOU MUST feel confident about your treatment. Hopefully you can go somewhere else. Good luck!

e Daly said...

I'm sorry SO annoying.

I ended up changing doctors because of a lot of things feeling off in the begining. I'm so thankful I did because I went into preterm labor at 26 weeks. Thankfully they were able to stop it with medication and bedrest but it gives me shivers to think about how the other practice would have handled it.

jeanna said...

I agree with PP isn't there another practice...I ended up driving 45 minutes to our OB/GYN and hospital...it was WORTH every minute!

Jessica said...

Change practices! You don't want this to be your experience the whole time. Better to change now. There are some incredible, caring OB and/or midwife practices out there. Hope you can find one that makes you feel better and treats you better than this one!

Kelly said...

This is ridiculous! Change practices if you can!!

Kate said...

Wow, I would definitely change practices! That just blows my mind that they won't fit you in somewhere so you will get a conclusive scan and then would end up doing more invasive testing possibly later on.

Would your RE do your NT scan? Mine did so maybe that could be an option for you?