Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Baby Furniture Update

So I called the store and they said that I can come in and place my order and put 20% down and they will order it - it will ship to the store in appoximately 10 days and we can pick it up - free of charge.  Right now they are running a sale on the furniture we want - we would save about $ 80 - do you think it is worth it to buy it now - I am only going to be 14 weeks pregnant tomorrow??

Here is the furniture.


7 comments:

cjdubs13 said...

The planner in me says YES! I understand your caution though.

Kate said...

Go for it! It took forever to get my furniture in, I literally got it days before I had Jax. I am just getting my conversion kit that we ordered almost a year go on Friday.

The George Family said...

I also understand your hesitation, but I say buy it. You are really past the most crucial weeks, and a good sale is hard to pass up. Plus, we bought our furniture at Pottery Barn and even though they gave us a delivery date of just 20 days after we paid for it, it came in THREE months later. You don't want to wait too long! Congrats a million times over, I am so excited for you all!

Anonymous said...

First, congrats! Long time lurker here and very happy you've made it this far. I can't wait for you to get your baby. :)

I know where you're coming from with the furniture buying thing. I bought our crib when I was 10 weeks pregnant (after 3 losses) just because it was the one I had always wanted and it was $50 off with free shipping plus came with a free mattress... but only if you ordered that day. Right after it arrived, in my 12th week, I started bleeding and cramping, and I thought sure it was because I had had the hubris to actually buy a crib! Everything turned out fine (it was just a fibroid outgrowing its blood supply), but until we brought our son home I thought of the crib as a bad luck charm. Even so, I'm glad I got it then because I got put on bed rest after that and we wouldn't have had the money to pick it up later. So order that furniture, girl! You never know what's going to happen, but even if the worst happens, you will need that furniture at some point.

Nicole said...

beautiful!!! I think its the perfect time! and sending you and your husband a big Congratulations:)

B said...

Love the set! Sounds like a great opportunity to get it now :)

Amington said...

Hi! I am also a long-time lurker and so happy to hear of your good news. I just wanted to suggest the website that I used to order my baby furniture, they offer free shipping and I did not pay any taxes. Even though a piece I wanted was back-ordered, it still arrived in only 3 days. I have talked to many friends who had to wait months to get their furniture delivered. The site is www.simplybabyfurniture.com and they have a large variety of different brands to choose from. I went with a set from the Davinci collection, which I believe is also very popular. Good Luck with everything!