First I went to my new OB and I love it there - they were so warm and welcoming and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time and I was so overwhlemed with love at the sound of my child's heartbeat. They even said to me if I ever feel scared and want to come in to hear the baby' heartbeat in between my appointment I am more than welcome too - how nice is that. They also said I need to be seeing a high risk doctor right away - so I made an appointment for August 8th - the closest one they could give me.
Then I went and had my NT Scan done - it was amazing - the baby has gotten so big and was moving all around - the neck measurement was 1.9mm and I read that anything under 3mm is considered low risk - but I will still need to wait a week for the blood results to come back.
I asked if they would take a guess at the gender and the women said she could not but I could and she place the machine and the gential area and you could so tell it was a boy - I screamed out - BOY and she said she would be leaning the same way on a guess - so looks like we may be having a little man - but we will not know for sure until the 20 week ultrasound.
I am just so overjoyed that everything is going so smoothly - and I pray it continues to go that way. The baby had big ears and my chin and John's lips. The heartbeat was good at 165 and he was measuring right on track - I have always measuring a day ahead so they said I was at 12 weeks 6 days today.
I decide to come out on facebook today too - I wrote " I have some exciting news to share. I AM PREGNANT. John and I are excited to announce after five long years of trying we are expecting a baby in January 2012.
Here are some pictures from the scan today:
10 comments:
congratulations!! What a wonderful day for you. Don't go buying too much blue yet- you never know. Boys are amazing though.
Aww what a great post! So happy things are going well!!! :)
Congrats! Hearing the baby's heartbeat is the most amazing sound! Unforgettable.
What lovely pictures! Isn't it such a great feeling to feel so blessed after such a long journey?! You deserve all the happiness and blessings!
Your outing on FB was so amazing! I seriously got chills! and what!! a boy (most likely?) that would be great!! But a girl would be too!! 8 more weeks....too long! Come on January!!!
oh yea! I'm so glad that they are so understanding of your need to see your baby, for 'non-freak outs'! :) Glad you like your doctor!
YAY! So glad to hear that all is going well. I saw this and thought of you...
http://www.etsy.com/listing/77172000/custom-birth-announcement-print-elephant?ref=sr_list_15&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=elephant+birth&ga_noautofacet=1&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Fchildren
Enjoy! :)
Yay!!! Boys are so much fun....get ready to have a mama's boy!!!LOL Lots of hugs and kisses!!!
Congrats on such a great appointment! I found out the gender of my twins at 13w2d so I totally believe that you could tell it was a boy. Soo exciting!!! Congrats also on coming out on FB. I totally enjoyed all of the well wishes from friends when I made my big announcement on FB.I'm very happy for you!
Cuteness!!!!! Congrats!
Oh Jackie!! Words cannot explain how excited I am for you!! What a great post and amazing ultrasound pics! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment