Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My Husband

John is having such a hard time with our infertility right now - he is sad, angry, depressed, upset and scared. He is so on edge - I know he wants this 3rd IUI to work and I know he is scared to death of IVF - not only the actual procedures involved but also the cost - and if this cycle fails we are just one step closer to IVF. He went from talking to my stomach after IUI # 1 to saying this is so pointless right before IUI # 3. He was my rock - the one the held me up and kept me going - he was always the positive one and now he is being so negative - it is not like him at all - he keeps blaming himself - and I have never once blamed him - I just always said that these are the cards we were dealt and we will deal with it - whatever comes our way - as long as we work as a team - I feel like we can get through anything together - but right now I am not feeling much like a team - I just wish I could help him - make this better. Infertility has been so hard on us and our marriage and realationship - we will never be the same again. I miss the innocence we had when we got married and how happy we were.

1 comment:

Jessica White said...

I'm sorry your husband is feeling this way: It's horrible for him, and it's horrible for you, because nothing you seem to say or do makes a difference. I know.

There are days when my husband is like this, when he feels like he's more of a "burden" than a husband..and he gets depressed. I just try and remind him that I didn't marry him for his sperm or his job, I married him for HIM.

It's not easy *hugs* Hang in there.