So I was reading up on my IVF packet that I got last week. We have to get referrals for each of us. Then they will send the bills to the insurance company and see if they cover them and if not then we will have to pay the bills. I already know they will not cover anything for IVF - but I will send in the bills just in case - you never know. Anyway as part of the IVF consult the husband has to get an SA. John has a follow up SA with his Uro in one week and he goes through my RE office to do it - so the SA is actually done at my RE office and the result are then sent to the Uro. Which is covered under my insurance. So I am going to call probably Monday and ask them if there is a chance that they can just use the result from the SA the Uro ordered instead of having to do another SA on August 12th - which is less than a month from the first SA and us having to pay for it. I know they are probably going to say no - because it was ordered for the Uro and not for IVF - maybe they do different test on it for IVF- but I am going to ask anyway and see what they say - it cannot hurt to ask.
Does anyone know how much and SA costs anyway??
6 comments:
Our SA was $90, which seems to be the average price.
Ours was $110, good luck!
my hubby's was $75.00
Ours was $88, so yeah, right in there w/everyone else's :)
I wish you all the best with your up coming treatments.
Wanted to add that they *should* accept the one that the uro did. Our RE works in conjunction with a uro for all the SAs and IUIs. He sent us over to the uro for the SA -- it should be the same tests. Good luck!
Post a Comment