Does that sound stupid?? It is just everyone keeps telling me to write a book.
You would not believe some of the things that have happened in my life.
I will not go into detail - but here are a few things.
I had meningits as a baby
We were really poor which I am sure is not different from alot of people - but poor as in welfare poor - poor as in do not have enough to eat poor. The stories I have about this.
Failed 2nd grade - had to transfer schools because we could not afford Catholic School anymore
Finding out I had another sister.
By the time I was 17 - both of my parents had cancer.
Finding out after my father passed away that he was married.
Orphan at 19 - had to take custody of my 17 year old brother.
My drunk boss
Infertility
That is just to name a few things. I wonder if it would even matter - it is not like it would get published but in a way I think he would be therapeutic for me.
10 comments:
I think you should go for it! If if gets published that would be awesome, if not then it would be a great outlet & theraputic for you. I wish you luck in your decision.
I was going to write a book about living in India and dealing with my ILs and life over there. But I'm too lazy. Plus I didn't want to piss people off (like my ILs...).
My brother had meningitis as a toddler. It's a horrible illness. He almost died, so I'm glad he doesn't remember any of it.
I'm sure it would be therapeutic for you. It's too bad I'm too lazy :-)
I've wanted to write one for awhile but have yet to get started!
Memoirs are becoming a really popular genre these days, especially those centered around special interest groups. I haven't read any by those struggling with infertility, but I am sure there would be great interest. Many things you would write of aren't related to it directly, but it's just something to consider.
I think you should go for it! I would read it!!!
Blogging is therapeutic for me, I can only imagine the free therapy you would get from writing a book - what a great outlet! Go for it!
I think you should write a book. AND you should read The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. It's her memoir, and I love the almost blunt satirical approach she takes to all of the crazy things that have happened in her life. Quick read also.
I think you should try to write a book! I always enjoy reading your blog, you have a very good writing style. I used to work as an editor so I feel somewhat confident in judging people's writing styles. Go for it!
I would read it! I think you should write it! Post your drafts here we will help you!!!
Im sorry you have had such a rough road!
Oh dear, you HAVE been through a lot! I'm praying that you get your family soon, and that God uses your past experiences to make your life even better!
You should it sounds like you have had an interesting life.
Post a Comment