Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In Lieu of the Stolen Post

I wanted to share with you all - the e-mail that I sent to my friend - regarding her daughter's pregnancy. Tell me what you think.

I need to tell you something - it is not intended to hurt you or make you mad - but it needs to be said. I hope the you will understand.

I know how very happy you are to be a grandmom - and I am so happy for you - I love when you are happy and good things happen to you - all the good things should be celebrated. I wish your daughter all the best.

But I am on overload right now with this whole IVF process. This is possibly the hardest thing I am ever going to have to do. It is just really hard for me to hear about your daughter and or her pregnancy each day. I hope you can understand that when I see a pregnant women or a baby or hear yet another pregnancy announcement that my heart actually aches - I would not wish this kind of pain on anyone. So it is going to be really hard for me to hear some of these things. I am hoping you can be sensitive to my feelings.

I am not trying to pick a fight - I am not trying to make you upset at all and I am really not trying to downplay your happiness at all. I just needed to put it out there - please do not be mad at me.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Hi there,
It is so difficult dealing with friends and relatives that are pregnant. I think it was really brave and honest to put it in writing and try to explain what you are going through.
I hope that you have a good response to your email.

Megan said...

I hope she understands. But I think people really don't "get it" unless they are going through it.

Mary said...

I think it was a wonderfully worded letter. I would really be surprised if she was angry. You expressed your pain and your love for her and her happiness. I hope she responds well.

Alli B said...

I think you worded it very well. You still showed how you are happy for her but also how at the same time it is difficult for you. I don't see how she can be angry about it at all.