Thursday, January 29, 2009

IUI # 7 - here we come.

Turns out it is not an infection but an inflammation - he has to take advil - 200 mg - 3 times a day for a month and then go back to the Uro and if it is still a problem then he will be put on antibodies.

AF finally showed - I called the RE this morning to start IUI # 7 - it is strange to get back into the swing of things - I have not done an IUI since Sept. I will start the wondeful drug Clomid on Feb 1st and have my first Ultrasound/Bloodwork appointment on Feb. 11th. I will ask on the 11th if we can do another back to back IUI. I am hoping this is it for us - lucky number 7. Because if not then we are going to have to wait until Oct to do a treatment again - that is a long time. I am sure it will fly by though.

I am becoming more and more at peace with the fact that we cannot do IVF right now - our decision makes the most sense and everything happens for a reason. I will just try to enjoy the spring and summer and try not to think too much about TTC and more about all of the other wonderful things I have in my life.

6 comments:

Mary said...

I think seven is a very lucky number:) Keep your spirits high. Maybe you won't end up needing to do IVF. My Dr is only going to do 2 IUI's and then we have to do IVF. Here's hoping for a positive.

Megan said...

Good luck on number seven!!! Hopefully you won't have to do IVF and you can spend all that money you saved on a new baby.

Just Believing said...

Yuor right 7 is a lucky number and God is good! So you have both things working your side!!!

April said...

wahoo, lucky #7!!!

Nic said...

Fingers crossed!!! I think you have a great way of thinking, we spend too much time obsessing and not enjoying the rest of life! Good luck.

Tiffany said...

Wow, good luck with the IUI. I think your attitude is GREAT!