Our IVF consult is on Feb. 16th. We will do one more IUI in Feb as well. I received my package of information and forms that need to be filled out before the consult. Me and DH took over an hour to do all of it but they are done - all filled out and ready to go - I will mail them tomorrow. I have to call the finance person at the IVF center sometime this week and see if they offer any programs or payment assistance or if she can tell me where to go to get a medical loan - I want to use Capital One but I am not sure yet if they work with them. Me and DH will be going next Sat to the bank to apply for a loan as well. In the huge stack of paperwork - it said we needed to have finance in place prior to the consult - so we have to get that taken care of ASAP. I also have to call and set up all of the referrals that are needed from both of our doctors. We are probably looking at beginning IVF at the end of March beginning of April - depending on what they say at the consult and if we get approved for a loan.
On another note - to add to my horrible week - I received in the mail yesterday a baby shower invite. The girl is not due until July but they are having her shower in Feb - she will not even look pregnant. I order a gift online because I cannot go into Babies R Us - I have not decide yet if I am going to go - because it is right after my IVF consult. I am n0t sure if I will be up for it - but I will send the gift either way.
9 comments:
It sounds like we will be on a similar schedule. I am doing one more IUI in Feb as well, and then will probably start IVF at the end of March/early April. Good luck girl! -JamaicaMon
Good luck with the IVF. Here's hoping that the IUI will work and you won't have to do it!!!
...unless this next IUI works:)
Also, I would just send the gift. They say stress does not help fertility so unless she is a very good friend I would just ship her something.
glad to hear that things are moving along! :) the showers are hard. i generally try to leave it open until the last minute that way i can decide if i feel up to going that day...
*hugs*
Wow, your IVF news is exciting. I hope all the financial planning goes well. I'm sure that's stressful. Best wishes for a 2009 miracle!
I would skip the shower.
I hope the IUI works for you, and I hope you don't even have to do IVF. I'm waiting for dh to get home from working off shore to call the IVF nurse that schedules everything. He'll be home in a week and a half. I'm pretty excided!! We'll schedule it asap.
And about the shower.. I would get her a gift like you said, but if you don't feel like going don't feel bad about it. I've only been to 1 baby shower since my 2 yrs of ttc. I only went because she's a good friend, and I really like her. It was very hard for me though because I knew "every one" there..and of course every one wanted to know when I was going to have one. I just said... I don't know. And then some would say.. Why? I thought I was going to die at times, and constantly was trying not to cry. My point is that you shouldn't go unless you feel like this person is worth the "pain".
Hopefully we'll "both" get our 2009 baby or babies this year!!
Just a fellow IF blogger and wanted to wish you luck with your IVF journey! It will happen for you!!! Hopefully sooner with the IUI...I was reading back on some of your blogs and IKnow the feeling of one day being fine and crying the next! But our day will come!!!
www.wondrafulbaby.blogspot.com
I hope this final IUI works, and you don't even have ot worry about IVF!
Sorry about the shower invite. That's weird to do it so early! Make the right choice for you on going. She will understand.
Hi there,
I just found your blog and I can relate to so much of what you are going through.
I just missed a good friend's baby shower because I just couldn't face it.
I'm starting my first IVF cycle in March too. I hope that yours goes well. I'll be following your journey.
infertilecaroline.blogspot.com
Post a Comment