We are going to wait. I think it is for the best - even though we would both like to move on and we know that IVF is our best option to have a child - we really cannot afford it now.
We are still going to try one last IUI next month and then save and cut back on alot of things - and hopefully have enough money to do it by Oct or Nov. I am still hoping for Two Lines in 09.
I am 27 and DH is 32 so we still have time on our side. Even if we do not save all the money - at least this way we will not have to spend as much or be in too much debt - just enough that we can handle.
When I spoke to the Urologist yesterday he said he would wait at least 3 more month to see if there is an additional improvement with John's numbers. When I told him we are going to wait until Oct - he thought that was a good idea - because that will have been one year since John's surgery.
I hope I am making the right decision - sometimes it is so hard to tell. But this feels right - I do not need the added stress of a huge financial burden on top of the stress of IVF.
Now I just have to cancel my IVF consult appointment.
7 comments:
I think you guys totally made a great decision to wait and save money! Thinking of you though as I know us IF'ers think over every decision a million times :)
It sounds really hard to wait, but also like a very wise decision. I hope the next few months fly by and that you are able to save a ton!
makingmemom.blogspot.com
It is difficult and frustrating to wait, but it sounds like a good decision.
And you are right, you do have time on your side.
I think it is a good decision to wait and save so that you don't have to borrow as much money. Good luck on your IUI. Hopefully you won't need IVF.
i know it sucks waiting....but only you know the right decision for you :) this sounds like it is right for you guys.
...you can still try. :)
If it feels right...it must be. Hang in there...fall will be here before you know it, and you'll be so much less stressed knowing you are better able to afford it.
That is...unless this next IUI does the trick;-)
Sounds to me like you made a great dicision. I really hope that the IUI works this time, and that your journey will be a thing of the past. I wish it on no one to go through anything like this. If it doesn't work though, fall will be here before you know it!! I hope everything works out for you...
Your in my thoughts and prayers:)
Post a Comment