Monday, January 12, 2009

Looks like we are heading to IVF

I had my post op appointment today with the RE. He said everything looks good on my end and that the surgery went well and said that he did not find anything. He said that is pretty much a double edge sword because in a way he would like to find somthing so he can fix it and hopefully fix the problem and get us pregnant but at the same time he does not want to find anything too.

So he said he want our next step to be IVF. I knew it was coming it was just hard to hear aloud. I asked him if we could do one more IUI in Feb before moving on and he say sure why not - it cannot hurt and since it is completely covered by insurance it is not a big deal.

We have our first IVF consult on Feb. 11th - which is acutally Dh's 33rd birthday. I cannot believe this is happening - I am so very scared. The big thing is going to be coming up with the money - he said it will run about $ 12,000.00 to $ 15,000.00. We are going to have to take out a loan. I guess we will be apply for a medical loan in the next week or so. It looks like we will be having a spring IVF if everything goes as planned. Maybe then I will finally get what I have been working so very hard for - a baby. I just wish it did not take all of this to get to that point.

Dh has his follow up SA tomorrow to see if his surgery improved his number at all. I am so hoping it did and who knows maybe just maybe IUI # 7 will work.

6 comments:

April said...

arg. i know that you didn't want it to get to the ivf point....but at least you can work towards a plan now.

i don't know...i don't think it's so bad. just expensive. MUCH better chances of pregnancy, though!!

Jill said...

I remember that moment so well -- I know it is scary, but try to take it one step at a time. I promise, the actual steps and procedures are not bad at all if you take them piece by piece. GOOD LUCK!

Mary said...

We might be starting IVF soon as well. Someone recently put it to me this way...with IUI you 'might' get pregnant, with IVF you 'probably' will get pregnant. I like probably much better. You can do this. At some point with these treatments we have to just say 'lets get on with it'. Once you have that baby in your arms you won't care about what treatment you had to do to get there. It will all be worth it!

Jill said...

I'm here for support... to support you and to follow your journey. I've been procrastinating going back to the RE. I have fear that those will be the words that will come out of his mouth next time too.

I will be curious to see how the IUI goes...

Thinking of you...

Tiffany said...

It is scary to admit that you are finally to that point. I hope and pray that the IVF road is an easy one for you that leads you to a baby. Crossing fingers for a great SA. Hugs.

Alli B said...

I know you were hoping to avoid this. I will still be praying that the SA numbers will be high and your last IUI will work. Since i haven't gone through IVF I cannot offer you any advice, but I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers