Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I hope it will be okay

I am going to try and look at my new work situation like this - I come first and so does this IVF cycle. I am going to pretend like I am starting a new job - since I have no clue how to do half of the things the secretary did. She is suppose to sit down with me today and go over everything.

The first thing John asked when I told him what is happening is if I am getting more pay - and I said no - he said that was not right. Which it is not - I am going to be doing double the work I should get double the pay - but I guess I am just lucky to have a job in this economy.

My RE's office does not open to 8 am and I have to be a work at 8 am - so of course I am going to miss alot of time. Since it takes about an hour to get there in rush hour traffic I am probably not going to get to work to at least 10 am - so that means I would have to stay to 6 pm every night. Which is a long day - especially if I am not feeling so good. So I though I would ask my boss today if I can start coming in on Saturdays for a couple of hours to make up that time - that way on the days that I feel like crap I can go home at my regular time at 4 pm. Not sure if he will go for it but it is worth a shot.

I am just going to do the best I can do - they cannot expect me to know how to do everything right away - I have to learn.

Plus I am going to have John do everything else - the cooking and cleaning and wash - so all I have to worry about is our IVF cycle and work.

It will be a long two months but so worth it if we get pregnant.

Thank you for all of the advice - I appeciate it.

3 comments:

Alli B said...

Can you ask for more pay, or would that cause problems with the bosses? If you try to look at it in a positive way, maybe they are more skills you can add to a resume that will help you for when you look for a new job.

Lin said...

I hope the modified work schedule conversation went well! Thinking of you!!

TexasBobbi said...

I wish you the best of luck.