Monday, August 24, 2009
Today is my birthday
John and I are fighting - not so much fighting as not talking - well he is not talking to me - I am not really sure what is going on with him - since he will not talk to me - he has been acting strange every since we had our IVF consult. I do not know if he does not want to do it now or if he realized how much was invloved and he is scared or if he is overwhlemed with the amount of money if cost or maybe it has nothing to do with infertility. This whole process I must admit has really put a strain on our marriage - infertility is not easy to deal with at all and through this three year process we have had major ups and down - and I guess this is just one of the downs. All he said to me last night is that he wants to be left alone. So I am leaving him alone - giving him space. But I will admit I am upset - I wish he would just talk to me and tell me what is going on with him. Communication is key in a marriage. This morning he did not even call me (he leaves for work before I wake up) he text message me - Happy Birthday. Wow I feel so loved. Ugh. I just wish I could have a nice birthday with him but I doubt it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Oh honey! I am sorry that your and your DH are going through this. Maybe he needs some time to process his feelings because he doesn't know what he is feeling yet. I am scared that our first consult is in a couple of weeks and I have no clue how DH will react. You will work through this! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Happy Birthday Darling! I'll be praying that everything works out-and quickly-with you and your husband. He'll come arround, just keep trying!
A HUGE Happy Birthday for you! I'm so sorry that DH is on his own separate journey at the moment, particularly on your Bday! I hope that he comes around very soon...the sooner you're both able to talk about, and work out, his feelings the better! (((HUGS)))
Happy Birthday!
I am so sorry you are and your husband aren't getting along so great at the moment. If you remember, DH and I had the same issues a few weeks ago. I think it is just so hard for them to process what is going to happen during the cycle, although picking your birthday to be a doofus was not a good choice on his part. I hope you have a great day!
I am so sorry that you are going through this tough time in your marriage. IF certainly puts a strain on marriages. I know from first hand. I will be praying for you. I hope that you have a wonderful Birthday!
Happy Birthday! I'm sorry you and your DH are having a rough patch NOW, but I'm sure you guys will work through it. And then you can make him make it up to you. The IVF $$ is still an issue at our house... you'll work it out. GL!
I am sorry you and hubby are having a rough time. IVF is a lot to take in, I remember when I first brought it up to my DH he was against it, and said we weren't there yet, but eventually he jumped right in and was by my side 100%. Happy happy Birthday, I hope it gets better. For me IVF was sort of admitting that we failed at doing it on our own, and it is hard to take in. Not to mention the cost just eats at your gutt.
:( I am so sorry! IN fertility is so hard in and of itself and what it can do to a marriage is even harder! Hangin there have faith and pray!
And Happy Birthday to you!
I'm so sorry. Men can be so fickle in the way they handle their emotions. Sometimes, trying to read their thoughts is awful! Happy Birthday, though!
Post a Comment