Tuesday, August 18, 2009

IVF Medication Cost Breakdown

I hope this helps someone. I called for different places today to get the best price for my IVF medication.

Freedom Pharmacy - I have worked with them before and I have no complaints but they were the most expensive - here is the break down

14 day kit of Lupron - $ 129.00
Menopur - $ 72.90 per vial x 12 vials = $ 874.80
Bravelle - $ 72.90 per vial x 36 vials = $ 2,624.40
HCG Trigger Shot - $ 45.90
PIO - $ 35.90 per 10 ml vial x 12 vials = $ 430.80

Total $ 4,104.90 very high - I am not going with them

Next is Village Pharmacy - they were pretty high as well and you have to add in a $ 10 fee for joining their program

14 day kit of Lupron - $ 99.00
Menopur - $ 58.50 per vial x 12 vials = $ 702.00
Bravelle - $ 44.00 per vial x 36 vials = $ 1,584.00
HCG Trigger Shot - $ 52.00
PIO - $ 49.00 per 10 ml vial x 12 vials = $ 588.00

Total: $ 3,035.00

Next is IVP Care - very well know and a good price - they offer overnight shipping and provide you with all the things you will need to do your shots.

14 day kit of Lupron - $ 99.00
Menopur $ 58.90 per vial x 12 vials = $ 706.80
Bravelle - $ 44.97 per vial x 36 vials = $ 1,618.92
HCG - $ 44.90
PIO - $ 34.95 per 10 ml vial x 12 vials = $ 419.28

Total: $ 2,888.90

And Finally Alexander's Twin Pharmacy - they had the best price and beat IVP care by about $ 146.00 - they are local in NJ and they offer free shipping - not sure if it is overnight or not - not sure if they provide you with all the supplies you will need either - that may be extra. Plus you have to pay $ 10 to be a part of their program. But here is the breakdown.

14 day kit of Lpuron - $ 98.00
Menopur - $ 56.90 per vial x 12 vials = $ 682.80
Bravelle - $ 42.90 per vial x 36 vials = $ 1,544.44
HCG Trigger Shot - $ 48.90
PIO - $ 29.90 per 10 ml vial x 12 vials = $ 358.80

Total: $ 2,742.14

As of right now I am leaning toward IVP Care - even though it is $ 146.00 more expensive than Alexander's Twin Pharmacy - it is more well known and they ship overnight and you do not have to be a part of any special program. I will have to talk it over with John and we still have about a month before I even ordered this medications - so I have time to think about it.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Crap, I can't believe how much Freedom was. Seems like you got some good prices.

Megan said...

I've used IVP care twice and I have absolutely NO complaints about their service.

Heather said...

did you look at Schrafft's Pharmacy? That's who I used and they ship overnight for free.

Rambler said...

Shopping around for meds is smart. Check on those that will give you supplies too (syringe waste box, extra syringes, swabs etc.).

Also, I read another blog that they used freegaragesale.com. I went to their medical section and say lots of ladies selling their meds. I'm a bit gun shy about purchasing like that on the internet but if there is someone local, maybe you can meet in person or not pay until you get the meds?

Sumer said...

My RE uses Alexanders and they are great. I know of several people using them and no one has complained.

Another option I hear people talking about is IVFmeds.com... its in england and for about $50 you can get it expressed and it comes in 3 days. You just have to get your needles from a local pharmacy but they are really cheap... couple bucks. You can save a lot through them.

WannaBeMommy said...

I have 3 boxes of Bravelle and 1 or2 boxes of Menopur if you want them? I also have millions of needles and stuff. Would be ahppy to help you since your OOP?

Nerwal said...

Also maybe get prices from Metro drugs? I used them, they ship overnight and everything was fine.

JackieMac said...

WannaBeMommy - yes I would love your extra meds - thank you so much for offering them to me - please e-mail me so we can discuss the details - I put my e-mail address on your blog on your last blog post.

Lin said...

Wow! Thanks so much for posting this! I'm going to file it away in case we need it down the road. We were really diagnosed with MFI (low count, volume and motility, 0% normal morphology), so are just starting to figure out what our options are.

oursomedayfamily.blogspot.com