I am feeling very overwhlemed now. In addition to all things IVF - we are trying to get alot of project done around the house in anticipation that I will get pregnant with this IVF - the more we do now the less we will have to do later - anyway I was told today that the secretary in our office is most likely leaving - which totally sucks. I knew she was thinking about leaving - she really wanted a full time job - she only works part time now - but she is really my buffer from the drunk boss and she does alot when she is here. Now I am going to have to take over her work load in addition to my work load and that does not bode well with trying to do an IVF cycle. I selfishly hoped that she would wait until after my IVF cycle to leave. So I am stressed.
I confided in my friend saying basically what I said above to her and this was her repsonse - I am not kidding.
"I don’t know if it is really a good idea to spend all that money on the IVF in October with all of this stress!! It sounds like you might be setting yourself up for failure"
I should of know better than to say anything to her - we are trying to keep this IVF cycle on the down low and that was just more proof that I really need to keep it quiet - because unless you have gone through this you really will never get it.
4 comments:
I am so sorry that she said that, You will have a successful IVF.
Wow, I can't believe she said that! Some people just don't know any better.
Sending your prayers for a stress-free (or less stressful) cycle.
I know what you mean.I put off trying for the first year of my new job and sooo regret it! There will always be something that comes up. My thoughts now are "screw it". This is my future and I'm not sacrificing it another day. Good luck!
I'm sorry your friend was not as supportive as you wanted her to be. Sometimes, not even our special one knows what is going through our minds. If you have thought about keeping it quiet for a while, maybe it is better this way. Its your personal decision, but its also something very important, and you should do what you think is best for the "3" of you. Good luck! I really hope this IVF cycle does work for you!!
Post a Comment