Thursday, February 18, 2010

Is It July Yet??

I would of been 17 weeks pregnant today - I just want it to be July 30, 2010 already so maybe this will not be so hard once my due date has come and gone. I cannot help to think about my baby that I will never have all of the time. I think how far along I would be and how big I would be and if I would feel the baby yet and what we would be doing to prepare for the baby. I even had a dream last night that I was breastfeeding my baby - it felt so real - I woke up feeling sad.

I thought I wanted time to heal but honestly I just want to be pregnant again now - well maybe not right now but I would like to be pregnant again before my due date. I would love to do a FET in August - but I am not sure we can afford it - I called today to find out how much it would cost and it will be $ 4, 125.00. We may be able to save up that much money by then - I am not sure.

My husband and I were talking about it yesterday and he said your know if we do a FET you are totally going to get pregnant with twins - that is what he always wanted - he was actually sad when we were pregnant with only one the first time.

I just want this infertility ride to be over - I want to have a healthy pregnancy and be done. I do not intend on doing treatments ever again - if I got pregnant with one or two babies that would be it for us. We would still always try on our own - but I do not have high hopes for ever getting pregnant on our own - but I guess you never know. Everyone keeps saying to me that I will probably get pregnant on my own now- since I was already pregnant but I do not believe that.

8 comments:

Melinda said...

We do not know each other, but I stumbled across your blog a while ago and have been reading about your journey. I know this doesn't change anything, but I want you to know I can relate to all the feelings you have described in your last couple of posts. I have experienced 3 first trimester miscarriages in the last 3 years. Recently, after some "corrective" surgery I became pregnant for the 4th time and carried the preganancy along beautifully for 22 weeks. Last Monday, my water broke and I was admitted to the hospital. The hope was to keep the baby in for as long as possible to increase her viablity. My little angel was born on Friday, 10/12 and lived on Earth for a couple of minutes. She was 23 weeks, 1 day. I am a strong Christian, but this has been the toughest time I have ever had trusting God's plan. I wanted you to know that your family is in my prayers.

jeanna said...

i dreamed about our babies last night too and woke up sad.

Mama K said...

I'm so sorry you're still dealing with all of this. I think along the same lines as you as well. One baby or four babies, I'm happy either way. But like you, I don't know if I could do it all over again if I only had one child. One is enough and it's all I pray for. This infertility rollercoaster ride is so daunting and frustrating. I'm hoping we get our healthy babies very soon!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I think a double blessing of twins would be amazing!

I think its very possible you can get pregnant again...without help. But, we'll see!

Melissa said...

Thats nice that you have frozen embies to transfer. I know its not cheap,,,ack. We are still paying for IVF and Cassie is 16 months old. That would be awsome if you got preggo with twins.

Thinking of you!!

Melissa G said...

Even thoughwe've yet to pull out the big guns (IVF), I feel the same way. Once we get pregnant (please g*d, please), we will be done with treatments. I just hope we all get there VERY soon...

Hang in there...

Hugs.

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I do think sometimes the quest to get pregnant again is the only thing that helps sometimes. Like we want to fill the void. I think it's wonderful you do have some embabies on ice. I hope that you find a way (tax return maybe or something along those lines?) to come across some money soon to try again. In the meantime, I am thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.

-jess
http://jesstutt.blogspot.com/

cheryl said...

I like reading your blog because you are in a place I was last summer so I can relate. We lost our first ivf baby and did ivf again and got twins. I remember when we found out I was so happy my first thought was if we lose another we will at least have one. I know not the best thought, but after losing one baby and the pregnancy I was so happy to have a 2 babies to give me a better chance of being pregnant.

My thoughts changed as the weeks went on and I started to feel safe as I got further up there, but sadly baby B didn't make it. It died at 21 weeks. It broke my heart losing B, but I thank God each day I am still pregnant and its twin sister is doing great. Now my only worry is her dying before birth since I know she will live fine if born today.

Anyways just wanted to say that unfortunately the pain doesn't end once you reach your EDD of your m/c. I wish it did. It did help greatly being pregnant again so it wasn't such a hard blow, but I do still think about that baby and feel like my current daughter should be 4 months ahead of what she should be - at least with the twins I could justify the exact waiting, but now still ending up with one baby it feels like I am just behind the game - doesn't help when I get emails and snail mails telling me how old my m/c should be right now.

As for cycling again I am scared about it. I seriously doubt it will work again - I am a poor responder and just got very lucky getting pregnant with our only embryos both times. I also have had people say to me well you may get pregnant on your own afterwards but I seriously doubt it. Unless a miracle happens with dh's sperm count that isn't likely to happen. I wish people wouldn't say those things since it makes it much harder to deal with the infertility. My MIL looks at me shocked when I tell her that we aren't going to use birth control after Caitlyn's birth. I really don't see the point. It would be wonderful getting pregnant naturally and by accident - and part of me really wishes this happens - but I am not going to hold my breath. Unfortunately people who haven't struggled with IF don't realize it is like winning the lottery to get a natural bfp.

Anyways I did do one thing that helped me get through my darkest days ttc and after the m/c and that was I contacted a baby psychic. I know many people don't believe in them, but she was right on with me both times - and now that we are approaching my daughter's birth I see how even more right she was. Anyways it gave me hope even before we begun our 2nd cycle that things would work out and both embryos would implant.