I get a call from a number I did not know at around 7:30 last night - I answer and it was my RE. He called to check up on me and make sure I was doing okay. He said he got the letter from my OB saying the D & E went well and that they baby was tested and there was no genetic issues.
He said that he would like me to try a FET. He said that he does not want me to have to put it on hold to save up the money to pay for it. He said we would work something out - a payment plan or something. I was so shocked by his call that I just said ok and he said to talk to my husband and get back to him.
How does he even know we would have to save for the FET??? Maybe he reads my blog - LOL. He honestly seemed really sincere and wanted us to get pregnant.
But honestly I am not ready. I have not even gotten my period yet and tomorrow will mark 6 weeks since my D & E - if I do not get my period by next week I am calling my OB. Plus we have our trip planned for the spring and I want to go see my brother in CA in the summer. I want to get my body and mind back into shape. I am still mourning over our loss and not ready to start a treatment cycle again.
Plus deep down I am hoping that somehow - someway we get pregnant on our own - even though that would probably take a miracle. A girl can dream.
I will do a FET - when we are ready - I am thinking the end of July - beginning of August - right when I would of been due to give birth - I think it will be good to start cycling again then. But my RE does have me thinking now - maybe I should not wait - if they are offering a payment plan. But at the same time I do not want to have a payment if it does not work. What to do? What to do?
11 comments:
If you're mind, body, and spirit are saying to wait then I think that's what you should do. Don't let the prospect of anything hinder your choice. I can't wait for the day you do a FET because I will be cheering you on and sending you nothing but positive vibes! Good luck!
Floow your heart and your gut and you will never be sorry.
taking a break, if that's what you want, sounds like a great idea. Just to have time to heal and concentrate on you and John for a little while.
I know it's uber cliche, but it's so true that when the time is right, you'll know it.
I'm on a break right now, and even if we came up with the money tomorrow, I still wouldn't be ready to move forward. So I totally get what you're feeling.
How sweet of your RE to call and check on you, my old one never did...
Wow, that is really nice that your RE is willing to work out a payment plan for you. In your last statement about not knowing if you want to have a payment plan if it doesn't work...those were my thoughts at one time as well and is why I wanted to adopt at first because I knew I would be guarenteed a child. However, I had a friend who kept reminding me "what if it does work". I know its scary if it doesn't and you have to go thru all that heartbreak again,BUT you may also get great joy from the FET. I know its a big decision and I'll be praying for you.
I think that is very sweet that your RE called you. It must make you feel good to know that he is looking out for you. Defintely don't rush things,though. If you are not ready, don't jump into the FET. I did another (fresh)cycle before I was ready and it was awful. My heart wasn't in it and I was depressed the whole time. Wishing you all the best!
That is absolutely amazing that your RE called you to see how you were doing. You have a special dr. I am glad he is willing to work with you regarding a FET. Wishing you the best when you are ready and hoping more that you do see a natural miracle so you do not have to worry about FET.
I think it is good you are taking some time. Your loss was tragic. You need time to process and heal. That was so kind of your RE to call. Hopefully you can do a FET soon. You need to do what is best for you.
what a nice RE!
im sure you guys will figure out what works best for you.
i am about to start 13 weeks of training with no days off for my new job, so i can't even begin to think of doing anything until june at the very earliest. maybe you and i will be cycling together for our FETs. that would be nice :o)
How long after a D&E do the expect you to get your period?
I am horribly late to your blog and am just now finding out everything that has been going on these last months. Jackie, I'm so so sorry for your loss. You and John are in my prayers. I hope you are able to reach a decision about your FET plans soon....whatever you choose, it will be the right choice.
Post a Comment