Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sick of Snow

Here in PA we have gotten slammed with snow - it is the worse snow storm in PA history. We got 2 feet of snow on Saturday and then two more feet of snow yesterday - but yesterday storm was mixed with snow and ice - so underneath all of the snow is a sheet of ice. We had a state of emergency and the highways were even shut down. It is a mess here.

What makes it worse for me is that my husband has to go out and plow all this crap. He has been gone since Tuesday at 9 pm and has yet to come home. He said he probably will not get home until Friday morning. I feel so bad for him because he has to sleep in his truck. Also today is his 34th birthday and he has to spend it working all day and night.

This storm is making me really depressed. I am all alone and lonely. I keep thinking I wish I had a family to keep me company - children to take care of and play in the snow with. I may never have that. Today I would of been 16 weeks pregnant. I may never have a child or children to play in the snow with. I have this huge backyard that would be great for sledding. It just makes me really sad.

Here are some pictures from the storm:





10 comments:

jeanna said...

Oh Jackie, I am so sorry that you are alone. This is probably the worst time to be alone while you are grieving and then that gray haze doesn't help matters. I wish I was close by and could come hang out with you!

Michele said...

Oh hon... SEnding loving thoughts...

Kelly said...

Wow! I can't believe he's been gone that long. I hope he makes a good chunk of change.

I'm sorry you're lonely. (((HUGS)))

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Okay...we must live close! Where do you live?? I'm in chester county!

T said...

I am so sorry your heart is broken and for all the lonely thoughts you are feeling.
You picture those kids out there with you sledding! It is going to happen someday!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Jackie I'll be praying for your sweet blessing to come--

Also, both my parents are from delaware county! My grandparents live in Media and my other grandmother lives in Springfield--very familiar with the whole area ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're alone while you're feeling down. I hope your hubby is home soon. Hang in there.

Kim said...

Awww your poor husband (and you)! We share a birthday, today is my Birthday too!

We live in TX and got all time record of snow today 8.7 inches and still snowing. That's unheard of here. This snow storm is just crazy!

Hope you get your husbnad back soon.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Jackie! I hope your husband found his way home this morning. You know I have everything crossed your FET works!

I couldn't be more sick of the snow either. Our gutters are all full of ice and falling off of our house. We have a leak in the kitchen because of the stupid gutters and we can't even open our back door! Did you hear we are supposed to get more on Monday and Tuesday? UGH!

Glass Case of Emotion said...

(I found you through stirrup queens and had to check in.) It sounds like you are a local, I live in Lansdowne in DE County. And I can relate to your feelings about the snow and how it makes me sad. I am sure it's really hard as your m/c was still so recent. M/c leaves such a hole in your heart and it's reflected in things all the time. I wish there was something I could do or say to make it easier. But I can let you know someone (who doesn't live very far away) knows exactly how you feel. - Jess