Sunday, February 21, 2010

Julie & Juila

I watched that movie last night and there were two part in the movie when you just knew it pained her that was did not have children. One part is when she and her husband were walking in the park and she longing looked at a baby stoller and her husband just kissed her hand knowing her pain. John and I know this all too well. I remember at a family party my husband was just starring at the little babies and I could see the pain in his eyes and I walked over and held his hand. It is an unspoken pain - we do not even have to say anything to each other and we just know.

7 comments:

RELH said...

I know, that part was hard to watch....

Melissa said...

This post made me teary eyed. Even though I now have a daughter I remember that feeling. I remember walking thru the mall and seeing all the families with children; I would look the other way and I would see my husband looking at them and we both just knew how painful it was to each other. I know how you feel and I am praying you don't have to keep feeling this way long.

Anonymous said...

I got choked up at that part too.

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

I had just lost our baby when I saw that movie in the theater....and the part that got me was when she got the phonecall from her sister....

and I was in the theatre with my sis-in-law, and she reached over and grabbed my hand.

Its just one of those real, feel the pain moments. You just 'know'.

Mama K said...

I think we've all felt those moments. My husband and I were at a party where a couple other women were talking about babies and I just sort of nodded my head not saying a word, when I turned to look at my husband he just gave me a wink. It's a rough journey, but we'll all get through it, one way or another.

Glass Case of Emotion said...

I actually felt comforted seeing that in the movie. I was like, "Wow! Someone gets what I am going through!" It made me teary, but I felt so... understood. Not like the hundreds/ thousands of movies where they assume everyone can churn out children without issue. Even the Olympics keep bringing up families, mothers babies. My husband and I started laughing at some point. It seems we all understand it. It's nice to have the comfort of an understanding husband at times like those...

-Jess

Miss Megan said...

I just watched Julie and Julia last night and noticed the exact same things! My DH and I do the same thing as well. Then when her sister sent her the post letting her know she was pregnant and Julia just cried - I am so sure she was happy for her sister, yet SO sad that it wasn't her as well.
It's like some unspoken rule - all infertiles can understand! It was a good movie=)