I do not knock it - I think it is truly a wonderful thing. We actually both had adoptions in our families. My mom got pregnant at 19 years old and back then that was unheard of to get pregnant before you were married so my grandmother told her that she either had to give the baby up for adoption or she was kicking her out of the house and since my mother had no where to go she had no choice but to give the baby up for adoption. Back then there was no such thing as an open adoption so I do not know where my sister is or who she was rasied by. I would love to meet her one day - my mom tried to find her but was unsuccessful. Then John just found our recently that he had a brother he did not know about - see before his father met his mother he was with another girl - well she got pregnant but never told John's father and gave the baby up for adoption - well 30 some years later the boy or should I say man - found both of them and they met. It was really cool.
Right now it is not an option for us. For one - I can carry my own child and I really hope to do so. I want to be able to give birth. Also John will not even talk about it with me. I guess I am not sure what will happen down the road. I would like to try a few IVF's and then maybe donor sperm but again I have not even brought that up to John and do not plan on doing so unless or until we have multiple failed IVF's behind us. Plus adoption is easier said than done - you cannot just adopt it is very expensive and can take month or years to be placed. At this point in time I do not see us adopting - but I do not know what the future holds for us.
3 comments:
Hey! I am in the same place as you. We are trying IVF #1 right now and wouldn't consider adoption until a few failed IVFs. Although I do believe adoption is a wonderful option! Originally I said we would start researching adoption if the first IVF failed, but now i'm not sure given how we were thrown into this cycle.
It sounds like you have figured out your plan! Do you know when you are trying IVF? GL!!!!
Hi! I am a new follower! I just want to say that I feel exactly like you do. We just completed our 1st IVF and it failed. I'm devastated. Everyone keeps mentioning adoption to me, but its just not a choice for us. I think adoption is great for people who can do it. I just want to have my own baby. I don't think that makes us bad people, does it?
Post a Comment