Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Marley & Me (Spoilers)

I rented this movie last night and boy was it so very sad. First when they had the miscarriage I just cried and cried and then when they got pregnant again - I cried and cried - because I want to experience that - not the miscarriage - but being able to tell John I am pregnant. Somedays I feel like I will never be able to say those words to him.

Then there is the whole dog situation - I cried my eyes out when Marley died. It made me think of my own dog. Duffy - I had him since I was 12 years old and we had to put him down two years ago - right around this time - actually it was June 11, 2007. He was 15 years old - he lived a good life but that movie made me think about him and how much I miss him. I would love to get another dog - but for one I do not think any dog could be as good as Duffy and two John and I work all day and that is not fair to a dog - to be home alone all day long.

So the point of this post - only watch Marley & Me if you want a good cry - because it is that kind of movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that movie killed me! DH and I were both crying for the last 10 minutes of the movie!!!