Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Good Things about not having a child

I have to do something to make me feel better about being childless - so I want to make a list of all the thing that are good about not having a baby (yet)!

1. Sleeping in - this is a big one - I love my sleep and I will not have it anymore if and when I have a child.

2. Being able to go where I want when I want. A trip to home depot - out to dinner with friends, shopping after to work. Yoga in the park on a Sunday - that will not be happening once a child comes.

3. Tanning - yes I know it is bad for me to begin with - but it makes me feel better - and I surely could not do it if I was pregnant.

4. Drinking - not that I am a drunk - it was nice to have a few cocktails at the wedding I went to this weekend and I glass of wine here and there at dinner.

5. Exercising - I can do the heavy stuff - cardio and such - when I am on treatment cycles and when I get pregnant I will not be able to do this.

6. Not having to make dinner - once I have children and obviously when they are old enough - I am going to have to make dinner every night. Right now John and I can fend for ourselves if I decide I do not feel like making dinner.

7. Having sex - if we want we can have sex on a Saturday afternoon on the dining room table - will not be able to do that once a baby comes along.

8. Spending time with John - just us - we do enjoy each other company and just to be able to spend an evening on the porch with each other with not interuptions is nice.

9. My body - granted I am not in the best shape - but I am going to look alot worse once I have a baby.

10. A clean house - once that baby becomes a toddler - that is it - no more glass tables or glass pictures frames - everything will have to put out of baby's reach.

Feel Free to Add to the List if you wish.

1 comment:

Nic said...

I chear myself up by wine, cream cheese, pate and prawns! Poss not all at the same time! I remind myself I could not have them if pregnant!