Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The IVF Consult is Scheduled

Actually I scheduled all of the appointments I have been putting off. First John will get a repeat SA in July and then meet with the Urologist to go over the result and see where we stand. Please pray for some kind of improvement. As of the last SA the count was only up slightly.

Our IVF Consult is August 12th at 1:30 pm. My plan - because of course you know I have a plan - is to have the IVF Consult in August, meet with the RE to go over a plan in Sept and hopfully start the IVF process in October. At least the ball is finally moving now - after 6 long months of waiting. It feels good to get things started. Now lets just hope we will have all the money saved by then - I think we will.

I also made an appointment for the beginning of Sept to get my yearly check up with the OBGYN. I feel better now that I am being productive again. Now to get all of the referrals and call my insurance company and see if by any chance they cover any part of the IVF process.

8 comments:

Flower said...

Good luck!

Christina said...

Love your background. (I have the same one, lol!) Good luck with all of your appointments. We have MFI and are working with a urologist as well, which can be daunting because any treatment he prescribes will take about 3 months to see any results in our case. Best of luck to you, and good job on getting all your ducks in a row :)

K8e said...

Yay for an appointment and a plan! I always feel better when I have one! That is perfect that you have time to save money and get everything in gear! GL! I hope october is your month!

Tabitha said...

Yay, congradulations!!! I'm so excited for you!

Dani said...

Good for you. There are several states that mandate insurance companies cover IVF and other ARTs:
http://www.ncsl.org/IssuesResearch/Health/InsuranceCoverageforInfertilityLaws/tabid/14391/Default.aspx

Bella said...

Woohooo for getting the showon the road. I'll be praying yor DH's numbers improved!! So excited for you!

Alli B said...

Yay for a pln! Good luck. I will be thinking if you guys and praying that the numbers have gone up.

akoto said...

Definitely sending prayers your way! That is a really big step. The time should just fly by now!