that my inlaws cannot say my baby name?? For my boy I want to name him Carter Christopher. I have loved this name for years - even though now it is becoming super popular I do not care. I still love it. But my inlaws are from Ireland and they have the brogue and for some reason they cannot say Carter.
So I ran my baby girl names past them - they HATE Isabel - both of them actually shireked when I said it - which I thought was pretty funny. They love Madeline and Eveline. They were also not too thrilled about Lorelei and Colette. I know it is my baby and I should pick the name I want - but if my whole famiy hates it then I really do not want to use it.
So right now Madeline is the front runner. But I really do not care for Maddy as a nickname. I like Addy as a nickname - can I use that??
I am also liking Elise.
Why am I so obessed with finding a baby girls name - why? I just have no clue - but I am.
Please share your baby names with me - what are your top picks for a boy and a girl.
4 comments:
i think if you've always wanted carter, you should stick w/carter. does DH like carter??? as long as DH is on board, that's what really matters. grandparents will be so excited and love the child no matter what, so they'll get over the name real soon! i def. think addy would work for a NN.
our names are:
jack emerson
claire evangeline
What about Adeline or Addilyn and then you can call her Addy? Our girl name was Addyson "Addy," or Addilyn, but opppsss twin boys. I say you name them whatever you wish. They can learn how to say them.
I wouldn't stress about it. Wait until it happens and then you can make the decision.
Some people don't decide on names until they see their baby either on the ultrasound or after delivery to make a decision.
Running it by everyone is something that I will NEVER do. I don't want other people's feedback. If we like/love the name then it doesn't matter what everyone else thinks.
I think that could snowball quicker than you might expect...
Good luck...
As long as you like the names that is all that matters.
I think you are brave sharing names with family. You can garantee, what ever name you choos, someone will have a problem with it. You cant ever please everyone. You and your husband are the most important people here.
Post a Comment