Saturday, June 20, 2009

He is Leaving

My brother is leaving for Afghanistan tomorrow at 9 am. I am so upset - I do not want him to go - I know it is his job and he is prepared for it but he is the only family I have left and he is going to war. Plus he has two little babies who are not going to understand why he is gone. After my mom died it was just me and him and I took care of him and I feel sorta like a mother type of figure to him as well. I just want to protect him - I do not want him to see all of the bad things that he will see over there.





In honor of him serving his country overseas I am going to place a Marines flag that he gave me last year outside of our home tomorrow at 9 am and I am not going to take it down until he comes home. I told him about this and he thinks it is a great idea. A way to show my support for him. He is suppose to come home between December 15th and January 15th.

Please keep him in your prayers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that must be so hard! i will keep him in my prayers!

K8e said...

I can't even imagine! I will keep him in my prayers as well!

Kelli said...

He is lucky to have you as his sister and we are lucky to have him serving his country! God bless!

Alli B said...

I will definitely keep him in my prayers until he is back safe

Jill said...

Please thank him for serving our country. I will keep him in my prayers until he is home safe.

Bella said...

My husband is a Marine (now honorably discharged) as well...they are a special breed. I will be praying that your brother comes home safe and sound. ((HUGS))

looking4#3 said...

My cousin did two tours there and finally got out of the Marines this past October. The worry is awful!! I will be sure to keep him in my prayers.
Be sure to write him a TON of letters--they will be a great source of comfort for him!!!