Friday, November 6, 2009

Fert. Report and 1st PIO Shot

The nurse called early this morning with very good news.

Out of the 18 eggs they got 13 fertilized. They already forze 5 of them and are watching 8 more. They still do not know if my transfer will be Sunday or Tuesday - they will call me tomorrow about it. They may have to do assist hatching too - again they will call me tomorrow about it.

I had my first PIO shot this morning - and I am not going to lie - it did hurt - I iced down beforehand but could still kinda feel the neddle going in. Then I had John massage the area and I sat on a heating pad for about 30 mins - and it was sore but it seems to be okay now.

I am still pretty sore and they are concerned about OHSS because my E2 levels were through the roof - so I am taking it easy and drinking lots of gatorade.

13 comments:

Laura said...

Glad to hear it is all going great!! keep us updated....I will keep you both in my prayers!!

jeanna said...

Woot woot! What great numbers!!! I am crossing my fingers for you!!!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad to hear that so many eggs fertilized! I'm keeping you and your DH in my prayers.

Christa said...

Congrats on the fert report! I hope this is the cycle for you!!

Just Believing said...

13 thats awesome!! congrats!!! cant wait to hear about transfer day!

Tara (psychmusetls) said...

fantastic news!! woot woot =) i hope you feel better, but get used to the OHSS, it'll get worse when your little ones snuggle in ;)

Tabitha said...

Yay, that's great news!! I've never heard of clinics freezing so early though, I wonder why? My clinic is the opposite, they won't freeze anything that isn't a blast on day 5! It's crazy how different things are! But congrats, those are great numbers and I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

congrats on the fert report! i think that all sounds fantastic. sorry to hear about the pio...i'm sure it'll get better as you go.

Nicole said...

Gatorade and whey protein, my friend! Chug it! Go grab a jamba juice and ask specifically for whey protein, otherwise you get soy. Anyway, good fert report! Anxious to hear about AH and which day for ET. My fingers are crossed for you :)

akoto said...

That is such an awesome report! I am so incredibly excited for you. I hope John is starting to feel better about it with all of these great numbers.

Jem said...

Keep chugging the Gator.ade! It does work.

Congrats on the great fert report.

All the best.

Jem said...

Nichole: why whey protein?

Jill said...

That is a fantastic fert. report! Keep drinking gatorade and eating lots of salty foods and foods high in protein. GOOD LUCK!!!