Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Thoughts on the IVF Process

BCP - Not bad - no side effects.

Lupron - the worse injectable drug - made me feel very run down and gave me horrible headaches.

Bravelle and Menopur - no real side effects - the only complain is that it burn going in.

The sub q injections were not bad at all - granted I did stim for 10 days and by the 10th day I had had enough but there really were not too bad just minor brusing.

I honestly think the worse part for me was lugging around all of those eggs - at the end I got very uncomfortable and bloated - but I was never in any pain.

ER - the worse part the being nervous before it started - it was a breeze - tiny bit of cramping and that was it - it went super fast and I was home before I knew it.

ET - just like an IUI - painless - the bladder holding was the worse part of all of that - and once I went to the bathroom I was fine.

I did gain 10 pounds since starting the BCP until now and none of my clothes really fit me because I am still bloated - but other than that it was not too bad.

I just took it one day at a time - it seems so overwhleming in the beginning but now that I am thru with it - it really was not that bad.

I just wanted girls to know that are thinking about going through IVF. I am a huge baby and if I can do it - anyone can do it.

6 comments:

Lindsey B said...

I agree that Lupron is the worst IVF med - I am so glad to not be on it this go around. So, BCPs are the worst for me right now!

I know you were nervous about the process, so I am glad to see that in hindsight it wasn't horrible!

Thinking good thoughts for you hon!!!

Kristen said...

I have been following your blog. Good luck to you. Sending many happy and positive thoughts your way.

Nic said...

Thanks for putting my mind at ease. I may have to go done the IVF route and I always wonder if I will be able to do it. We will do anything for a baby though!!
Keeping everything crossed for you!

Life Happens said...

My thoughts exactly, been there, done that (and will be doing it again next year!) Great post for others to have insight on IVF.

I will be praying that you have a successful cycle!!

Lin said...

Thanks, Jackie! I definitely appreciate the run down! Praying for a BFP for you this cycle!! FX!

Adam and Julia said...

Thanks for the update. I am starting my IVF process in January. I have been waiting to hear how yours went, and have been updating my husband as well. It is good to have a step by step account of what I will go through. Yeah for the two embryos!!! Praying they grab on fast and grow, grow, grow!!