Saturday, November 28, 2009

The good news keeps on coming

I had a wonderful thanksgiving - we told DH's immediate family. They were so happy - his mother and sister cried. Then my brother arrived back on his base Thanksgiving night - safe and sound - he even called me on his drive back home and I was able to tell him that he is going to be an uncle. He is so excited for us. He will be coming up for Christmas. He said maybe the 23rd to the 27th - I am excited to be able to spend the holiday with my family.

Today I got a letter in the mail from my RE about my embryos. We had 13 embryos fertilize. Out of the 13 they froze 5 at the 2pn stage. Then we had 8 embryos left - we transferred two on day 3 and they were going to watch the remaining 6 embyros to see if they made it to blastocyst stage - well 4 of them did - so now we have 9 frozen embyros. How wonderful is that!!!!!!

Our first ultrasound is Monday morning at 9 am - we will find out how many are in there.

Here is my first pregnancy picture at 5 weeks. I look so big already - it is because I put on 10 pounds from the IVF. I am going to have to buy maternity clothes soon because none of my clothes fit me.

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Congrats on the awesome freeze report! I'm jealous your u/s is so soon. I have to wait 2.5 more weeks :( Can't wait to hear about it though!

akoto said...

Many congrats on being able to freeze more! That is so wonderful. You must be over the moon right now.

You look fantastic!

Flower said...

That is great news! You are looking great :)

Nic said...

That is great to have so many frozen! You look great in the pic

Lisa said...

Thats wonderful news!! Good luck at your U/S tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

yea!! so happy on all accounts. esp happy about your brother, too! :)

and welcome to wearing maternity clothes. they are soooo comfy! i miss them a whole lot!

xoxo

jeanna said...

I highly recommend maternity clothes ASAP!!! Can't wait to here how the u/s goes...oh wait I think I've posted that in all your last posts! I am just super excited for you!!! Congrats on the fro-embies!

Sumer said...

I can't wait to hear how your US went! Anxiously awaiting!

Sumer said...

I can't wait to hear how your US went! Anxiously awaiting!

One Who Understands said...

What a great freeze report! Good luck with you u/s today! Can't wait to hear how many little ones are growing in there.