Tuesday, November 17, 2009

PIO Shots are back in

I called the RE office yesterday and asked them if it was okay if I switched back to the PIO shots and they said it was not a problem - they said I already had a refill and all I had to do was call IVP care - where I got all my IVF medication from - they had the refill and they were shipping it out to me yesterday and I should get it today - yay - no more Endometrin. I know alot of girls say the PIO shots are horrible because the needles is so big and it is oil not thin liquid but in my opinion I really do not think they are so bad at all - I just ice down beforehand and I do not even feel the needle going in - then use a heating pad afterwards. I have very minor soreness as well and it is alot easier to have one shot a day then to worry about 3 suppositories a day.

Less than a week now until my beta - I am getting nervous - I do not have really any symptoms - which scares me.

7 comments:

babygaga said...

I wouldn´t worry about being symptomless. Many women don´t experience any symptoms at all this early. And you wouldn´t be able to tell whether the symptoms were due to the drugs that you have been taking and pregnancy.
No symptoms isn´t a bad sign.

I know it is easy for me to say, and in some days, I will be going over all the symptoms and non symptoms and freaking out.

But I wish you best of luck

Priscilla said...

I'm with you...the suppositories SUCK! I have never done PIO but I bet I would prefer them! Needles and a little bit of pain I don't mind....now the gross little white nuggets up my you know what, now those I mind!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!! :)

Nicole said...

PLEEEAAASE don't worry about the no symptoms! I got a BFP my first try with zero zilch symptoms ever. Also, my beta is in one week and I have no symptoms which can be directly attributed to my progesterone (ie: just tender nippies). GOOD LUCK!!!
You are a brave chickie to *choose* PIOs. I'm glad it'll work out better for you though. Another option (what I'm on) is called progesteron gel. It's just once nightly, kind of like a suppository but much les discharge, and no needle. Just a thought for next time (going for baby #2!)

One Who Understands said...

Good idea to switch back. You want to be sure you are doing everything perfect and if the suppositories are not "sticking" you should do the shots again.

Don't stress about not having symptoms. You really shouldn’t yet. There are plenty of women that don't have symptoms for the first few weeks of pregnancy.

Praying for you and your embies!!

RELH said...

I don't mide the PIO injections either!

Alli B said...

I'm glad you were able to switch back. Whatever is easier for you! I wouldn't worry about the symptoms since it is still early. Is it weird that I am so excited for you and can't wait for your beta? Good luck!

Kim said...

good for you for calling and asking to do what works best for you, nothing wrong with that!

i am symptomless right now too. all the cramping and twinging is long gone.

and since that has happened the wait has become so hard.

praying for some sanity for both of us!