Thursday, November 12, 2009

Had Another Appointment at the RE

I just had some bloodwork done so they can check and make sure my progestrone is where it needs to be. I asked the nurse if the bloating was normal and she said yes.

I also asked her if they will leave a message with the results of my beta on the 23rd and she said that was not a problem. I do not want to find out the news - good or bad - at work.

So I just take the PIO shots until the bottle is done - probably like three more days and then I start on the suppositories. So my question to my readers is there any tips or things I need to know about doing progestrone suppositories??? Any additional side effects I should be aware of??? I heard sometimes you may spot from this - is that true?? I need to take them 3 times a day. Once in the morning - right when I get home from work and before bedtime.

11 comments:

Sumer said...

what kind of suppositories are you on? I am on Endometrin. They are fine... I hate them but they are fine. Messy. The 2 I take before aren't as bad because I am not up. Definately take stock in panty liners.

Samantha said...

I didn't do IVF, but had two miscarriages, so with my third pregnancy (son born January 2009), they put me on progesterone suppositories. I didn't really feel many side effects, but I've found that they are a lot like putting a tampon in and I agree with Sumer - PANTY LINERS OR PADS always!

Praying for you!

Lin said...

Sorry I'm not more helpful on teh suppositories. Just wanted to say that I'm thinking about you and wishing you great news on the 23rd!

Allison (Ali) said...

they are easy to use, but def have pantiliners -- the discharge is unbelieveable!

Melisha said...

I used progesterone suppositories three times a day for the first twelve weeks during my pregnancy with the twins. I can sum it up in one word, "MESSY". You will want to wear a pad and you will swear that more progesterone is coming back out then staying in. I had no bleeding with the progesterone but the suppositores are colored and you will notice that tinge of color when it drips back out. I would tried to sit for 30 minutes after I inserted each suppository. Hope this helps!

Nicole said...

#1 advice: Definitely wear a thin maxi pad at all times to protect against leakage! Also, they may dry you out, in which case you can purchase a vaginal moisturizer at the grocery store. But if your supps start slipping out practically whole, you will have to stop the moisturizer. It is also helpful with absorption (anti-slippage) if you can lie down for 20-30 min after insertion. I didn't have spotting, but I don't think some light spotting would be abnormal just from irritation. Hallelujah for finishing the PIO!

Priscilla said...

They are G R O S S!!! Like everyone has said...panty liners are a must!! I had a little spotting in the begining with endometrin, but that was most likely due to my ER. My boobs got a little sore...all in all they were no big deal...but get out your granny-panties cause you've never felt less sexy than when you're using those suppositories!! Good Luck!! :)

Amy said...

My ET is on Saturday, and they already have me using the suppositories (Crinone)- they are naaaasty.

Amy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara (psychmusetls) said...

when i was on the compounded suppositories it was like i was leaking water and had to wear a pad that would get full.

now i'm on cinone and 90% of teh time i don't notice anything. but every once in awhile you'll get some "cottage cheese"

I use the small always infinity pads - they're light and they are really absorbant

AuburnBride06 said...

Hi Jackie. Just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and praying this is it for you. I hope we both get huge BFsP's are move on permanently to SAIF. Not a whole lot of us vets left.

I am so happy your brother gets to come home for Thanksgiving! Are you going to share the good news at Thanksgiving?