Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Back from my first follie check

I have 8 measurable follies. Four on the right side and four on the left side - they are measuring around 5 to 6 1/2. I do not know if I am happy or sad about this - I do not really know what I was hoping for - in the end I am hoping for 15 follies to be taken at the ER - that is my goal or at least what I hope for. I guess 8 is good for the first check.

I asked the nurse and she said that she has no expectations for the first check and that my garden of eggs needs more water as in the medication in order for them to grow - or something like that.

I am still feeling pretty good - fitting in my pants still - just some minor bloating - no really pressure or that heavy feeling in my belly yet. I told this nurse this today and she said - you just wait - you will start to feel it. I guess the follies are still pretty small right now.

I guess I will be going in about every other day now to get checked - this time next week I could be triggering for my ER - exciting and scary at the same time.

Emotionally I am not really sure where I am at either. In the beginning I was really excited - we were finally cycling for what we wait so long for but now I think my nerves are starting to kick in. There is just so many things that could go wrong and so much ahead of me. I am still praying for a positive outcome but I also thinking what happens if it does not work. So I guess I am feeling in between excited and nervous.

I go back on Friday morning and she said she thinks we will see more then because there was so unmeasurable ones there today - little tiny things.

Grow Follies Grow.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

Excited and nervous... sounds totally normal! Hopefully the week passes quickly for you ;) Go follies!

Hillary said...

I am so excited for you! Grow follies!

makingmemom.blogspot.com

Infertile Myrtle said...

Sounds like everything is going really well! In my opinion, it's better to start out slow than to "fry" your follies with too much medication. Remember that more will likely pop up before your next follie check. Crossing my fingers for you!

Anonymous said...

grow follies!!! best of luck at your friday appointment.

Triumph in Learning said...

You feeling nervous & excited is completly normal. I always felt that way myself.

Praying for those follies of yours to Grow:) Can't wait to hear about your next follie check!!!

Take care,
Hannah

Life Happens said...

I am praying that those follies will grow!!! Good luck!!!

Bella said...

8 follies is great! Grow, follies, grow!! Good luck!!!!!

akoto said...

Praying for those follies to grow and grow!