Tomorrow on October 3rd it will mark 9 years since my mother passed away - some days I cannot believe it has been that long - I miss her so much - espeically lately - with my brother in Afghanistan and me starting IVF I just wish she was here. My brother and I lost our mother when I was 19 years old and Andrew was 17 years old - we had no one to take care of us so we took care of each other - I got custody of him - since he was still a minor and we lived in our apartment by ourselves - sometimes I think back and I am not really sure how we made it through - but we did. I give all the credit to my mother - she did her job right. It would of been so easy for my brother and I to get into drugs or drinking and partying - we were just teenagers and we were on our own - but we did not. My brother joined the Marines and his now a Sergent and I went back to school and got my AA degree. It is all because my mom was such a good mother.
Readers - if you mother is still alive - call her - tell her you love her. Or better yet go see her and give her a huge hug.
In IVF news:
I called IVP Care last night after I got done work and they said they still were not done verifying my insurance. So I have to wait. Which mean the package will come with my bosses here. But what can I do. Once i get the package - I will take it out to my car - I will take out the HCG trigger shot (the only thing that has to go in the fridge) put it in a brown paper bag and bring it into work and put it in the fridge until I go home - what else can I do. I was also thinking if the package arrives before lunch - I could take my lunch hour to run home and put everything away then - I will just have to wait and see.
John and I talked last night and figured out the situation with the shots - since I have to have the Lurpon in the morning and evening - John is going to ask his boss if he can come in an hour later and work and hour later. That way I can have my shots at 6:30 am and make it to my early bloodwork appointments at 7:15 am. Also that mean that I will not have to have my evening shots until 6:30 pm.
6 comments:
I found your blog through the Nest at least a year ago and have been following ever since. I really hope this is your cycle! I am so sorry about your mom.
My mom is really sick right now. Reading your post bought me to tears. I have been thinking so much about how I would do all this IVF stuff without her. How could I be a mom without my mom? I am so sorry for your loss. My father was killed in a car accident when I was 7, so I know how hard it is to loose a parent.
Sorry your meds are coming later than planned. Keeping you in my prayers and thoughts!
Hi - My mother died 5 yrs ago so I feel your pain.
What's weird is my HCG shot does not have to be refrigerated. Wonder why the difference?
good luck on your cycle - I'll be following!
I;m sorry about your mom. it doesnt matter how long it's been its still heart rending.
MY ivf drugs all came packed with ice packs so i didnt have to take anything out to put it in the fridge so if its not too hot you should be able to put it all in your car. good luck with your cycle!
I'm so sorry you are missing your mom. Wish she was here with you. :(
makingmemom.blogspot.com
I'm sorry about your mom.
Good luck with this cycle!
Post a Comment