Monday, October 26, 2009

I cannot lie any longer

Even though I have been trying to lie to myself. I have gained weight since I started BCP for IVF # 1. I was even telling myself the scale was wrong and that it must be broken. When I went to the OBGYN over a month ago I was 136 pounds. When I got on the scale yesterday - 146.5. It makes me sad - but it is my own fault - I just keep eating and eating. I feel like I am going through alot right now and I deserve to treat myself to whatever I want. I know this will not matter if I get pregnant because obviously I will get bigger but what if this IVF does not work and then all I am is fat. I am on day 3 of stims and I am not bloated yet - so I am sure when that kicks in I will not even fit my pants - being that they are very tight right now. Just call me piggy.

10 comments:

One Who Understands said...

Oh I am so sorry. All the meds and emotions are sure to have this affect on your eating habits. I recently started running to get a little weight off I have put on in the last few months from all the stress and IF stuff. Hoping you will get a BFP and not have to worry about it.

Kim said...

i am right with you. i made this mistake of stepping on the scale last night before AF's arrival. bad idea! i've gained back all the weight i lost at the beginning of the year that i worked so hard to lose. it really sucks. dont beat yourself up over it though, i know it is hard!

Tabitha said...

I'm stuck at 149 right now, even after my IVF failed. I'm most comfortable at arrount 138, so I feel your pain! Your right though, darling, let yourself eat. You need it right now, it's good for you!!!

Me said...

Be kind to yourself. You're going through a lot right now...and 10 lbs is only 10 lbs. You'll knock it off soon enough! Hugs!

No more scales!

Nicole said...

I gained weight last time and am this time too. The bloating doesn't come until around ER/ET time (for me anyway), but it also goes away on it's own too. As long as you're healthy, that's all that really matters for the cycle. Like my DH said to me last time when I was whining about my weight gain (and he was sick of hearing it): "You're trying to get pregnant. You're HOPING that you gain 20 or so pounds over the next several months. Quit whining!" :)

RELH said...

Step away from the scale! IF weight is hard to deal with and hard to get rid of.... I keep telling myself the same thing.... "As soon as I get preggo, it won't matter..." grr... I just need to get preggo....

Lindsey B said...

I feel you on the weight gain. I have packed on at least 15 pounds since starting IF treatment. I was hoping to lose it during my break before IVF #2 but that hasn't happened.

Hopefully it will just turn into a cute baby bump!!!

-LCB

Lisa said...

I gained 20 pound of IF weight, and it does suck : ( But I look at it this way...you dont see skinny beef cows right? Well thats becuse they are being pumped full of hormones! Its the hormones!! Just keep your eye on the baby prize and know its for a good cause!

Lin said...

I'm so sorry! :-( I'm sure that the meds and the out-of-whack hormones are playing a part in the cravings and the weight gain. Try not to beat yourself up. You're doing the best you can!
(((HUGS)))

Sprudeln said...

Don't be so hard on yourself. I think nearly everyone gains during IVF - it's stressful and uncomfortable and if food can give you a little joy, then so be it. You can just gain a little less when you are pg. :)