Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Husbands Hurt from Infertility Too

My poor husband made me cry last night - he gave me my two shots and then he is just looking at me as I lay in the couch. He was getting tears in his eyes and I asked him what was wrong and he just said that he hates that this is the way he has to get his wife pregnant then he got up and walked into the kitchen to dispose of the needles and I just sat there and cried - this is so hard on both of us.

My husband is not a crier - I have seen him cry maybe like three times in the 9 years we have been together. I tried to explain to him that it is okay and that this is going to work and that thousands of people do this everyday but he was just having a down night and did not want to hear it.

I am feeling pretty good. Some minor bloating happening and when I sat down on the bed this morning to put my socks on - I sat kinda hard and I could feel tenderness in my belly. I go in tomorrow for my check up - please let there be alot of eggs in there.

9 comments:

akoto said...

Sending so many hugs to both of you. You two are an amazing couple.

Lin said...

OMG...my heart goes out to both of you! The husbands handle it differently, but they outdoubtedly hurt, too.

Nicole said...

Oh Honey... yes I agree that too often the DH's are overlooked in IF. I hope this it it for you two!!

Jill said...

It's emotional for everyone involved. It's hard and it gets harder with time. I'm sorry that you are struggling but you are working toward your goal, together. That's all that matters. In the end, you will have a product of you and him. Just not the convential way... But who cares! It's going to be your baby! That's all that matters.

Just Believing said...

that breaks my heart for you both!@

will be prayin fo rlots of eggs tomorrow!!!

Blushing Bridesmaid said...

Dear Jackie,

I spent 4 hours today reading through all of your blog posts since you started back in 2008... I just wanted to say that I think you and John are really inspiring and I admire how well you are both handling everything... It's ok to cry, emotions are running high but at the end of the day you are both their for each other!!!

Jennifer

Kim said...

oh poor dh, at least he is very sympathetic of you. hope the follies are looking good for you!!!

Melissa said...

My husband was the same way...it hurt so much to know he felt the way he did. He also had the same surgery you husband did (twice). We did IVF and it worked the first time.

Praying this cycle bring you your baby

Hillary said...

What a bittersweet post. I'm so sorry you have to do IVF, too.

makingmemom.blogspot.com