Friday, October 9, 2009

List of IVF Medication

Medication:

Lupron - two week kit with (14) 28 G 1/2 needles with syringe

Bravelle - 35 vials

Menopur - 12 vials

Estradiol - 2 mg - which is a generic form of Estrace - 36 Tablets

Methylprednisolone - 4 mg - which is a steriod - 21 Tablets

Chorionic Gonadotropin - 10,000 USP untis with Bacteriostatic Water - which is the HSG - trigger shot

Progestrone Injection - USP (In Sesame Oil) 500 mg/ 10 ml - PIO shots

Endometrin - Progrestrone Vaginal Inserts - 100 mg w/ applicators

Supplies:

1 Sharps Container

60 Alcohol Prep. Pads

20 - 18 G 1 1/2 needles

20 - 22 G 1 1/2 needles

2 - 25 G 1 1/2 needles

20 - 27 G 1 1/2 needles

10 - Insulin Syringes

30 - 3 ml syringes

50 - Q Caps

Yeah - that is alot of stuff - who knew you needed all of these drugs to make a baby. Good thing we are going to a class to teach us how to use all of this stuff - because right now I am clueless. I did take a picture - I hope to post it tomorrow.

7 comments:

Adam and Julia said...

the meds sound like fun! hoping and praying for you and your future baby!

Lauren said...

I know what you mean by feeling "clueless" we'll have to compare notes next week after class...LOL

Jennifer said...

I really dont think anyone understands the process of IVF until the drugs arrive and its underway! Today (the day before my retrieval) is the first day in weeks I have not had to inject myself with something or another! Good luck!

Triumph in Learning said...

I know what you mean about the meds. after our Injection class.. I was on *info over-load* and couldn't remember everything.

like Jennifer said- Once everything is underway.. Things well make more since:)

I did Bravelle & menopur too.. It took a few cycles to get the right combo/amounts for me to respond enough. BUT when They DID get my med combo right. Everything went perfect, and it worked!! I still almost can't beleive it.

Hoping and praying that everything go's Great for you... and you get you a BFP very soon;)

Hugs,
Hannah

J said...

Yeah, they never talked about all that stuff in biology class! ;) It's a little overwhelming, isn't it? GOOD LUCK!!!

Kitty said...

That is insane. We haven't got to that point yet. We are still in the testing phase. Sounds very overwhelming!

devon said...

AGH! that is a LOT of stuff! I have my 'ivf class' in December for us to begin the process in January.

Good luck!!!